Monday, April 29, 2013

Oceans


I am loving this song, today. Hillsong United is one of my favorites, ever, so I love just about everything they sing. But this particular song has reached in a grabbed my heart, and just held on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLrQWVpoh7U

I feel like my life is one big wave. Not those tiny, shallow waves that barely splash my ankles, but massive, unrelenting, unpredictable tsunami waves. You know, the kind that come without warning and leave miles and miles of destruction in their wake.

Unfortunately, I was never too good at surfing.



So many times, I feel like I am swimming in the deep, all alone, without a life jacket, boat, or even a small piece of shrapnel to cling to. All the while, I am fighting just to stay above water, to get precious air into my lungs, to gain a foothold somewhere, anywhere, SOME THING to cling to, a small piece of hope that I will survive. Just as I am about to give up, to allow the wave to overtake me, I feel a strong arm, pulling me back to the surface. I hear a voice saying,

"YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH FAITH. WHY DID YOU DOUBT ME?" (Matt. 14:31, NLT)

That's when I know.......I was never alone. Even when the waves of kids, and homework, and behavior issues, and meal planning, and paper work, and meetings, and emotional baggage, and marriage issues, and selfishness, and family crises, and heavy traffic, and bad weather, and government, and taxes, seem to hit ALL AT ONCE, I know that the Lord never left my side.

The strong arm of the Lord kept me afloat. The strong arm of the Lord KEEPS me afloat.

But not just afloat, ON TOP OF THE WAVES. With the strong arm of the Lord guiding me, I can walk on the waves of life and not be shaken! I don't need a boat, a life jacket, or a piece of shrapnel. I hold on tight to my Father's hand, and he keeps me safe.

After all, he is the one who called me out into the ocean, saying,

"IT'S ALL RIGHT; I AM HERE! DON'T BE AFRAID!" (Matt. 14 27, NLT)

Such simple, precious words from a precious Savior.


What tsunamis are you facing, today? Are you allowing God to "hold your face above the waves?" To "lead you where your trust is without borders?"







No comments:

Post a Comment